Apples come into their own in winter, having more flavour in the colder weather. Try our different varieties, let us know which is your favourite! Stew apple with oats for breakfast, put an apple in the car for a quick snack, in a lunch box, or play around with the below recipe, adding or subtracting ingredients according to taste, for a nutritious, warming dessert.
- 4 big apples, granny smiths work best here
- 1 tablespoon butter – leave out to soften
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
Core apples, leaving a bit intact at the bottom so the filling doesn’t leak out, and put on a baking tray. Mix all other ingredients, and fill apples with it. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until soft, but watch they don’t spill out too much. Serve with cold cream.