This recipe is courtesy of The Muesli , which can be found at Brighton Road Food Market.
THE MUESLI CARROT CAKE
- 300g of carrots, peeled and grated on a box grater
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 2 tbsp of powdered Stevia
- ¼ of a cup of coconut oil
- ½ a cup of butter
- ½ a vanilla bean (or 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of The Muesli Classic
- 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup of milk Icing - 250g of cream cheese, softened
- ½ a tsp of Stevia
- Juice and zest of half a small lime
- ½ a cup of walnuts and extra cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 24x12cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Combine eggs, Stevia, coconut oil, butter, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
3. Mix cinnamon, salt, The Muesli and wholemeal flour in a separate large mixing bowl, then add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix well.
4. Add the grated carrots and fold through gently.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the icing. Place cream cheese, stevia and lime (juice and zest) into a small bowl
and mix well.
8. Once the cake is cooled completely, carefully remove from loaf tin and peel back baking paper.
9. Spread the cream cheese icing generously onto the cake and finish with walnuts and an extra sprinkle of